Community Action Kentucky is the statewide association representing and supporting all 23 Community Action agencies across Kentucky. Collectively, we work to empower individuals and families to attain greater economic stability and long-term success.
With outreach offices in all 120 Kentucky counties, Community Action agencies provide life-changing resources to support a wide array of service areas, including food security, transportation, home energy, early childhood education, senior support, emergency services, housing, workforce development, family advocacy and more.
The mission of Community Action Kentucky is to build and strengthen the network of Kentucky's Community Action agencies resulting in the improvement in the lives of the people we serve. The organization accomplishes this mission by:
- being an advocate on behalf of the poor;
- promoting innovative and creative strategies to fight poverty;
- mobilizing public and private resources;
- promoting self-sufficiency of individuals, families, and communities;
- stimulating community participation and leadership development;
- creating services to meet basic human needs;
- working in partnership with other community-based organizations; and
- promoting equal opportunity and political, economic and social justice.
What We Do
As a statewide voice for local agencies, Community Action Kentucky works to identify and address policy issues impacting low-income individuals. To achieve this, we strive to cultivate broad-reaching partnerships that help us improve the delivery and impact of our programs and services.
Ensuring that our network agencies have the latest in technological resources is also a priority. That's why we also provide access to our state-of-the-art custom software system CASTiNET. By providing ongoing training and support, CAK and our partners are able to more effectively and efficiently administer vital programs and services across the Commonwealth.
Through constant improvement and forward thinking, Community Action Kentucky is making sure network members and their clients have the tools and resources they need.